Course Booking Terms and Conditions
- For current course costs and dates, please refer to our website.
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- If a booking form is completed by an individual other than the named student, it is the responsibility of this individual to ensure the student is suitable for the course and meets any eligibility criteria.
- Your booking constitutes a request for SCCO to reserve you a place on a course with a specific start date. All bookings are subject to acceptance and availability. Your booking is not confirmed until payment is received.
Course Fee and Payment
- The course must be paid by the due date and in full. The prices for courses will be those shown on the SCCO website, or other marketing communications, but are subject to change.
- Online card payments are handled by our payment provider PayPal via their secure payment system. SCCO also accept payments by phone from the following cards:
- VISA debit and credit card
- MASTERCARD debit and credit card
- DINERS debit and credit card
- MAESTRO credit card
- If full payment is not received by the due date stated on your invoice, it will be treated as a cancellation by you.
Course attendance and certification
- Students will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the booking to contact SCCO to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- SCCO will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided at the time of booking. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance due to SCCO.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond our control, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
- The cost of travel is not included in the course fee and it is the student’s responsibility to get to the course location and venue at the specified time.
- The student is responsible at all times for their personal property and equipment and for ensuring it is suitable and safe for use on the course. SCCO will not be responsible for any loss or damage to a client’s personal property or equipment used on a course.
- If SCCO issues property or equipment for use on a course, the student will at all times be responsible for its safekeeping and proper use. SCCO reserves the right to charge for any property and / or equipment lost, damaged or misused by a student on a course.
- Where meals are provided, any special dietary requirements need to be notified to SCCO in advance of the course commencing.
- At all times, all intellectual property rights in the training materials provided before, during or after the course remain the property of SCCO. No materials may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form without our prior written consent.
- Photography and video footage taken on a course by an authorised person may be used by SCCO for publicity purposes. If a student does not consent to this, they must inform the course director at the start of the course. Students are not authorised at any time during the course to take photographs, videos or any recording without consent from the Course Director or SCCO Trustees.
- We appreciate that sometimes there is a need to cancel your enrolment from a course. If you cannot attend, or no longer require a place, please provide notice of cancellation in writing as early as possible.
- Students have a period of 14 working days from the date of booking to cancel and will receive a full refund or transfer to another course free of charge. After 14 days, the deposit is non-refundable. If your course is due to start within 14 working days of when a booking is made, your legal right to cancel will not apply.
- Students are permitted to transfer the deposit to another course on one occasion only and this is at the discretion of SCCO. Please decide which course at the time of cancellation. If we do not hear from you within one month of cancellation, the deposit cannot be moved and will be lost. When rebooking, the cost of the newly booked course will correspond to the course fees stated on the website.
- If it is not possible to move the deposit to a later course, because courses are full or are not advertised yet, the deposit will be refunded (less any bank fees/charges which will be covered by you)
- A refund of (non-deposit) fees paid can be made up to six weeks before the course commences.
- Cancellations received between 6 weeks and 14 days prior to the course will receive a refund of 50% of non-deposit fees paid.
- There will be no refund if the cancellation is received within 14 days of the course start date, or you fail to attend the course.
- Refunds will not be made using the same method of payment as you used for the purchase and will instead be paid into your account once details have been provided. Any bank fees incurred during the refund process will be covered by you.
- Rather than request a refund, you may choose to move the funds to another course; providing you meet the eligibility criteria and there is a place available. Any move to a future course will be on the understanding that the total course fee payable may be subject to an increase by SCCO.
- We recommend you take out your own insurance in case you have to cancel through illness or unforeseen circumstances. If you already have travel cancellation insurance, course cancellation may be included. Please check your policy.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course, SCCO reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- Should the SCCO have to cancel a course any fees paid will be returned in full; other costs you may incur e.g. travel/hotel unfortunately cannot be reimbursed.
- If you are taking advantage of the 2022-23 price freeze, amendments to your booking after 31 July 202 (such as moving to another course) will incur the increased fees on the subsequent booking.
Practical Sessions/ Medical History
- All students are expected to act as models for practical sessions. Please note that during the course you will work as a pair with another student and must be prepared to be worked on as a model. If for health reasons, you cannot act as a model you will not be permitted to attend the course. A refund may be given subject to circumstances and CEO approval.
- As part of our duty of care to everyone participating, a past medical history form will be sent to you to be completed and brought to the course for the tutor to see before practical sessions. Information supplied will be treated confidentially and shared only among the course faculty. At the end of the course, forms will either be returned to the relevant student or shredded. The completed Medical History form is the property of the student who completes it and they should retain it at all times other than when it is handed to the tutor before a practical session.
All students are responsible for arranging full professional indemnity insurance, which covers them for the country in which they are studying and for the full duration of the course. The SCCO reserves the right to withhold admittance to any student not adequately insured.
Sharing – Fellow Student contacts
SCCO are often asked if contact details could be shared with other students attending a course. If you do not wish for your name and email address to be shared with others attending Module, please email SCCO with a ‘do not share my details’ message. For more information on SCCO’s commitment to protecting your privacy, please see here: https://scco.ac/about-us/privacy/
If you are unable to attend the course due to unforeseen circumstances please ring – (venue number) please ensure the SCCO has a current telephone number for you and the number of a contact in the event of an emergency.
Important note: SCCO’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any correspondence will not form part of the contract.
BY PLACING YOUR BOOKING, YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND ACCEPTED THE CONDITIONS OF BOOKING.