Our commitment to you
You can visit the Sutherland Cranial College on the web without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself – our web site is FREE for you to use.
The SCCO is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The SCCO may occasionally change this policy. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 2007.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and postcode
- educational and professional history
- personal information including but not limited to medical history, dietary requirements, information on disabilities
- records and information relating to professional competence and suitability to work with adults and children including but not limited to Disclosure and Barring Service information and General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) registration
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by phone or email.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser of your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
How we collect cookies on the website and what information we collect: Session Cookies: To allow you to carry information across pages of the website and avoid having to re-enter information. Persistent Cookies: To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to the website and to allow us to tailor content, advertisements and the presentation of the website to match your preferences. To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the website and to help us improve the structure of the website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Disabling/Enabling Cookies: You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the website if cookies are disabled.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. To see a copy of our registration on the Information Commissioner’s register, click here: https://ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search and enter our registration number: ZA067134.
For any further information, or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.