OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED OSTEOPATHS
- Do you treat pregnant women but feel like you’d like to know more about this specialist area?
- Or maybe you often treat babies but would like develop you skills in treating the postpartum mother?
Through Osteopathic treatment during pregnancy, you can help expectant mothers, not only to manage some of the physical, mental and emotional challenges but to also enjoy their pregnancy. This course explores how we can support this, as well as how, with Osteopathic treatment, you might help prevent a sub optimal clinical presentation that leads to a higher chance of more medical interventions during labour.
After birth, Mother and baby still have a very intimate bond and babies can often sense if their mother is not well, they will often only relax once their mother is relaxed too. Your interventions in the osteopathic treatment of the mother can be an essential aspect of post partum re-balancing for mother and baby.
Claudia Knox is a former midwife, Osteopath of nearly 20 years and has lectured extensively both in the UK and internationally on Obstetrics. Her unique insights and experience in this field make her ideally suited to delivering this stimulating 2 day course, that has practical application directly in to your practice.
- Physiological requirements for pregnancy and birth
- Pregnancy: physiological changes, pain, pregnancy related illness, morning sickness
- Osteopathic techniques during pregnancy
- Birth from the point of view of the mother and birth injuries
- Therapeutic interventions postpartum: uterus involution, c-section, treatment of scars, pelvic floor and breast
Hawkwood College accommodation
Please be aware that accommodation at Hawkwood will be in shared rooms (single sex). Some single rooms are available on a first-come-first-served basis and will carry a supplement. Requesting a single room is not a guarantee that one will be provided.