Hawkwood College has provided us with the following information, a copy of which can be downloaded at this link.
We are doing everything we can to make Hawkwood as safe an environment to be in as possible for all, we would be grateful if you could help us and your fellow guests by following our new operational procedures as laid out in this document. Some protocols derive from government legislation or advice alongside others in order to give guests confidence that you are visiting a safe and secure environment.
For those of you who have been to Hawkwood before we will, inevitably look and feel a little different in our new procedures and we request you respect these new systems as we feel our way along this new path operationally. For those new to Hawkwood, as well as those that know us, we feel confident that you will still have a wonderful time here in the special environment we try hard to maintain.
Please note our new protocols:
Prior to arrival
- You will be asked to self-declare that you do not feel ill 48hrs prior to arrival and asked to sign a waiver in advance of your arrival.
- We request that you be respectful of the Hawkwood staff’s wellbeing as well as that of your co-guests and bear in mind that some people you encounter may be anxious about COVID-19 while at Hawkwood. We request that you bring your own mask to wear in public areas and, if you wish, gloves as well.
- We are providing hand sanitizer throughout the house for your use but you may also wish to bring your own for personal use.
- You are asked not to arrive before 4pm on the day your booking/ course commences.
- Upon arrival please go to the office marked Reception. Please wear your mask upon entering the property. You will be greeted by a member of staff and asked to sign in, we will need your details as per government guidelines for the NHS Test and Trace reporting protocols. If there is a queue ahead of you, please maintain social distancing of at least 2 meters. If you are part of a group, arrival procedures may differ, in which case you please note the instructions on your booking confirmation or those given by your course leader.
- Your room key will be in the bedroom door to minimise contact between you and our staff, you will be given directions rather than be taken to your room; please ensure you can carry your own luggage.
- Please be aware, we now need to ensure adequate ventilation in all areas of the property and therefore you will find bedroom windows open upon your arrival.
During your stay
- Guests will be allocated bath/shower rooms to use during their stay; guests are requested not use any other bath/ shower room other than those allocated to them. Each bath/ shower room will be cleaned, sanitised and aired after breakfast each morning and will then be unavailable during the daytime. Downstairs WCs will be cleaned and sanitised hourly for continual use.
- We will no longer be providing towels – please bring your own for personal use in the bathrooms. All rooms have their own basin.
- Please bring your own water bottle for personal use during the day as we will no longer be providing drinking cups.
- We have small/ narrow corridors. Please wear a mask in public areas and try to maintain adequate social distancing (at least 1 meter but preferably 2 meters) when going to the dining room or from your group room to another room in the house.
- Our on-site Duty Manager will address your group as a whole on the general health and safety points in the dining room during your first evening meal.
- Your group will be allocated your own separate area for refreshment breaks, please keep to this area so as we can ensure social distancing in cases where more than one group is within the property.
- Social distancing – please ensure you maintain social distancing within the dining room, seating will be set out in advance at distances adequate to maintain social distancing, please use the same ‘self-allocated seat’ for each meal during your stay.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entering the dining room and again on leaving.
- Collecting your meal – catering staff will no longer service the room whilst you are in there. Guests are requested to wait in-line upon entering the dining room using the floor markers, queuing up directly at the serving hatch where you will collect your own plated meal, you can discuss your own pre-advised dietary/ allergen information with the staff member serving you. In between each course, you will be individually asked to bring back your own used crockery/ cutlery in exchange for the next course. We are aware this is all rather odd and are sure as time goes on, we will work out a more effective solution, and we thank you in advance for your support and patience.
- Please note we are not able to accept cash anymore so please bring a card if you wish to purchase from our bar.
At the end of your stay:
- We would be grateful if you could strip your bed linen at the end of your stay and put in the linen bin/ bag provided in your room, we are now asking this of guests as we would like to limit the housekeepers’ direct contact with linens.
- Please also ensure you leave the bedroom window open when you vacate the room.
- Please return your room key to the tray on the windowsill outside the dining room or to the table outside the Reception office.
Following your stay with us, we’d be so happy to receive your thoughts and any suggestions you may have with respects to how we are doing things operationally, perhaps you’ve been somewhere else and seen things done differently, possibly with more ease and grace! We’d love to hear anything you have to share with us as it will help us evolve; we really want to maintain a safe and pleasant place for everyone to enjoy whilst visiting here at Hawkwood.