In the year 1874 I proclaimed that a disturbed artery marked the beginning to an hour and a minute when disease began to sow its seeds of destruction in the human body
— A. T. Still
This completely new course will introduce you to the world of the circulation and the dynamic potency for health delivered by the blood. You will palpate blood flow inside blood vessels, begin exploring the many different qualities of blood in health and disease, and experience the extraordinary changes to whole body health that result from supporting the circulation.
Engaging the therapeutic potency of the blood can enhance treatment response in any area of the body including the spine and joints, and will be directly relevant to your existing clinical practice as well as helping you to work more holistically with patients with complex health challenges.
The course will use a blended learning format to create a supported learning journey over a longer time frame than an intense 3 day course, and help concepts learned to be integrated into clinical practice.
- Before the course: Pre course lectures (3 hours). This must be completed before the course.
- 3 day face to face course: Includes review of precourse learning, further theory lectures, clinical application and discussion, as well as plenty of time for practical work.
- After the course: Two followup zoom tutorials and online learning resources.
Course topics include:
- Overview of the circulation
- Embryology of the circulation
- Blood as an organ
- Dynamics of blood flow
- Vascular endothelium
- Introducing the heart
- Role of the lungs
- Circulation as therapeutic interface
- Cerebral circulation
- Vascular influence on the spine
This course replaces The Rule of the Artery course. We anticipate that the second part of this course, ‘Exploring the Heart’, will be run in 2024.