Hawkwood College has provided us with the following information, a copy of which can be downloaded at this link.
Operational information – updated 12th October 2021
We continue to do everything we can to make Hawkwood as safe an environment to be in as possible for all, we would be grateful if you could help us and your fellow guests by following our new operational procedures as laid out in this document. Some protocols derive from government legislation or advice alongside others in order to give guests confidence that you are visiting a safe and secure environment.
Please note our updated protocols:
Prior to arrival
- Taking into account recent feedback from our guests, we would like to suggest that as part of our community care for each other that all guests coming to Hawkwood consider taking a lateral flow test. Hawkwood will not require evidence of the results of this test but do ask that if you did test positive, you do not come to Hawkwood.
- We also request that you be respectful of the Hawkwood staff’s wellbeing as well as that of your co-guests and bear in mind that some people you encounter may still be anxious about COVID-19. We would therefore request that you continue to wear face masks in corridors and that you think carefully before entering a room where distancing may be difficult. You may or may not feel worried about wearing masks or social distancing yourself but others may do so. We endeavour to always create a respectful space where everyone can feel comfortable.
- We are providing hand sanitiser throughout the house for your use but you may also wish to bring your own for personal use.
- Upon arrival please go to reception to sign in. We kindly request you to please wear your mask upon entering the property. Once you are checked-in you will be directed to your bedroom/ group room.
- Residential guests; for large guest arrival days your room key may already be in the bedroom door to minimise guest time spent at reception, you will be given directions at reception rather than be taken to your room; please ensure you can carry your own luggage.
- Please be aware, we need to ensure we continue to provide adequate ventilation in all areas of the property and therefore you may find bedroom windows open upon your arrival. All group rooms will need to be continually ventilated as well as the dining areas.
During your stay
- Please bring your own water bottle for personal use. Water from our taps is safe to drink.
- Shared bath/shower rooms will be allocated for use by individual groups to use during their stay. Hawkwood housekeeping endeavour to sanitise in-between each use in addition to the daily deep clean and air after breakfast each morning. Additionally, for the comfort of each guest, each bathroom is equipped with a sanitisation spray and paper towels for guests to use before and after use on the main touch point areas. Guests are requested to sanitise their hands before entering and upon leaving a bath/ shower room – hand sanitiser is in place for this
- Please sanitise your hands before entering a WC and again after leaving – hand sanitiser is in place for this purpose.
- We have narrow corridors, tight circulation spaces. We would like to request that guests continue to wear face masks in all public areas and try to maintain reasonable social distancing when going to the dining room or from your group room to another room in the house.
- Please think carefully before entering a room where distancing may be difficult. You may or may not feel worried about social distancing but others may do so we are hoping to create a respectful space where everyone can feel comfortable.
- Our on-site Duty Manager will address your group as a whole on the general health and safety points in the dining room during your first evening meal.
At the end of your stay
- We would be grateful if you could strip your bed linen at the end of your stay and put it under the washbasin in your bedroom.
- Please leave the bedroom window open when you vacate the room.
- Please return your room key to the tray on the windowsill outside the dining room.
- Your group will be allocated your own separate table in the dining room for refreshment breaks.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entering the dining room and again on leaving.
- Hawkwood staff will be continuing to wear face-masks when we serve your food.
- Your group will be allocated your own separate table(s) in the dining room. Breakfast is served from the hatch and lunch and suppers are served to the table. Please ensure you advise catering team at the beginning of every meal as to any pre-advised dietary/ allergen information you have told us about as we will have catered for you in mind. At the end of your meal, we ask you to place your used crockery on the trolley provided.
At the end of your stay:
- We’d be so happy to receive your thoughts and any suggestions you may like to share with us as it will help us improve; we really want to maintain a safe and pleasant place for everyone to enjoy whilst visiting here at Hawkwood.